5/17/11

How to Start a Successful Entrepreneur Networking Service - Interview w/Founder of LetsLunch.com

Letslunch matches you with interesting people to go to lunch. In this Age of Multitasking lunch is being used as a networking tool. LetsLunch makes your lunch valuable by setting up lunches with people of your interest. It was started by Syed Shuttari who was working in San Francisco Downtown and was watching smart savvy successful people during lunch hour going for lunch with the same people everyday and thought of why not have a permission tool that will allow these people to meet each other.

As one of the fastest growing startups, LetsLunch has already been featured on TechCrunch, Mashable, The Huffington Post, Fox News, and many others.

Q: Do you think the education you’ve invested in helped you on the road to success?

My Background in Computer Science was primarily responsible for making LetsLunch from just an idea to reality.

Q: What was the “breaking point” in your career that made you decide to build your own brand?

It was after working for a corporate job for over four years that I decide to do something of my own rather than being a cog in the corporate wheel.

Q: What were some of the obstacles that you had to overcome to get to where you are now? How do you overcome failure?

I moved from India my birth place to Silicon Valley and had to build my contacts from ground up and that taught me the insights into what makes two people friends, business contacts, work on growing a movement or good old socializing

Q: As a young professional, what were some of the mistakes that you made and what did you learn?

One of my mistakes was Analysis paralysis and insisting on making a perfect product and that slowed down some of my progress in terms on execution of LetsLunch. Lesson learned is that perfection kills and takes you no where. Steve job says decisions must be taken even if you are only 70% right and 30% chances of mistakes but its better to take imperfect action which is loaded 70% In your favor.

Q: Is there any other achievement that you are extremely proud of? If so, why?

I have achieved Toastmasters competent speaker certification. Public speaking has become one of my passions and I would say having learned the various skills of speaking it helped me in hiring and exciting the right people, getting PR and communication well with my team members. Public speaking has so many hidden advantages that it’s not enough to list.

Q: What is one advice that you can offer to your readers?

Build your brand first and learning that will allow you to build a company. If people are excited to talk to you, meet you then you will be able to get customers excited about the business you build. If you can stand out as person then you can stand out as company too.

Q: What do you do for fun?

I love traveling, listening to internet radio, Public speaking at toastmasters, Watching movies.

Q: What is your favorite 1) gadget(s), 2) software(s), 3) website(s) that makes your life easier and more productive?

1: Internet radio is my favorite gadget it allows me to listen to various kind of music and explore different genres

2: Getclicky is my favorite software it allows me to get insights on our user behavior and find out what’s working , what’s not and what to do differently.

Q: Whom would you like to see featured here and why? (recommend us someone we don’t know of yet but really should)

Joanna Wiebe is a great thinker and writer and would love to have her get featured here

Ways to Connect with you:

I can be reached at syed@letslunch.com or my twitter handle “syedshutari”

From: http://www.moomkin.com/letslunch-syedshuttari/

No comments:

Post a Comment