5/18/11

How to Build Successful Healthy Fast-Food Chain. Interview w/the Founder of Salad Creations - Jeff Levine

Jeff Levine is the Founder of Salad Creations, an emerging that offers a fresh alternative to fast-food for today’s healthy lifestyle. Founded in 2002, the company has been designed to provide a fresh, fast-casual dining option, each Salad Creations features more than 40 ingredients to choose from including farm-fresh vegetables, fruits, cheeses, sliced meats and over 15 specially prepared salad dressings.
To found Salad Creations, Jeff Levine capitalized on his prior restaurant experience since launching New York City’s Brother Jimmy’s and South Florida’s popular beach restaurant LuLu’s Bait Shack. It has been named the # 1 salad-only Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine. The chain has over 31 locations throughout the U.S. and 19 internationally in such countries as Brazil, Kuwait, Canada, Panama and others. Visit: www.saladcreations.net

Q: Do you think the education you’ve invested in helped you on the road to success?

Education is the foundation for success. I have Bachelor’s from Ithaca College and a CFE from Nova Southeastern University, but I truly believe that the “Scholl of Hard Knocks” provided me with the ultimate experience and “lessons learned” on how to succeed.

Q: What was the “breaking point” in your career that made you decide to build your own brand?

I have always been creative and interested in entrepreneurship. Ever since I got out of college, I’ve started my own companies and founded 4-5 brands. What got me to found Salad Creations was the need to focus on healthy eating and meaningful lifestyle. It was transformational change in lifestyle and something that I can pass on to my kids.

Q: What were some of the obstacles that you had to overcome to get to where you are now? How do you overcome failure?

The biggest challenge that I faced since founding Salad Creations in early ‘00 was lack of public awareness and acceptance of healthy eating and lifestyle. In addition, the overall downturn in credit market has had its effects on every business.

Q: As a young professional, what were some of the mistakes that you made and what did you learn?

Getting good advice from many people and not actually following what they had to offer and try to leverage their experience.

Q: How do you measure success?

Success to me is general happiness in what I do and the well-being of the people around me.

Q: What is one advice that you can offer to your readers?

Do something you really love! Try make this world a better place and don’t listen to naysayers who try to tell you that you cannot do something.

Q: What do you do for fun?

I really like basketball and spending time with my wife and 4 kids.

Ways to Connect with you:

LinkedIn: Jeff Levine

From: http://ping.fm/9LmiJ

No comments:

Post a Comment