8/19/11

Interview with Murat Muturganov-Kazakhstan's Most Popular Circus Performer

Murat Muturganov is a well-known circus performer. He is a part of a famous circus group, called the Muturganchiki Group from Kazakhstan. For his artistic accomplishments he became a winner of multiple international awards, including the Honorable Artist of Republic of Kazakhstan Award. In 1990 in Verona, at the International Children Festival of Circus Art he was nominated for the Youngest Clown in the World.

His name was also added to the “Miracle” book of records. In addition, his name was engraved on a plate # 411 as “Muratik,” his infamous nickname, in the Clown Hall of Fame in America.

Presently, he is a student at the Kazakhstan National Academy of Arts, majoring in Directing. Television audience has seen his appearances in many television shows, such as Voice of Asia International Music Festival; “Bravo Bravissimo”, and “Sabbatoo Al Circo” TV shows in Italy; “Le Plus Grand Cabaret”, Paris, France; and many many more.

When did your career start? Did anyone or anything specific have a major influence on it?

It started when I turned 4. My father was working at a circus, as a clown and was searching for a suitable partner, but no one seemed to be a good fit for the role.

Suddenly an idea hit him, which later on turned out to be a successful one for both of us. He offered me to become his partner, but he for ewarned me that the role would require a lot of hard work on my part! He sternly asked me, ‘Are you ready for this?’ I had a privilege and an obvious reply to that question; I full-heartedly agreed to join this partnership. So since then I have been extremely grateful to my father!

Do you think education you’ve invested in assisted you on the road to success?

I do not think so. I have not attained a higher degree as of yet. Everything I know about my profession I learned from my father. He is the one with the professional training. He had graduated from the State Performing Arts College and Russian Academy of Theatre & Arts in Moscow, Russia. He has attained various degrees as a professional performer, the only one in Kazakhstan. He is also a professional director of theater and circus.

For the past five years my dream is to enter UCLA’s School of TFT or USC’s School of Cinematic Arts and to major in Film Directing. This year I am finally going to the United States to apply to these great schools. Per haps, finally my dream will come true!!

Why, if you ask, a career in Film Directing?

As a child I loved watching films of the legendary Charlie Chaplin! And I have always dreamt to film the same type of timeless comedy in Kazakhstan! My ultimate goal is to make my viewers laugh and enjoy a simply kind comedy, with no absene twists to any of my humor!

What were some o f the obstacles that you had to overcome to get to where you are now? How do you overcome failure?

Certainly, there are always challenges and obstacles in a life of a circus performer! However, whenever I go out into the arena and see an ocean of happy childr en’s eyes and hear their applause, I realize that for the sake of these precious moments all dif ficulties are definitely worth it!

How do you measure success?

As far as success itself, only the King of Pop, Michael Jackson had a great success! He is the one who could truly say he had a success! As for truly yours, I’m just a circus performer, who hopefully some day, will turn into a successful film director.

What advice would you like to offer to a beginning stage performer / circus artist?

First of all, a circus is an art where there are no lies! Whatever you have learned backstage, you show on the arena, no fake replace ments, no stuntmen ….so you will have to work hard! And secondly, one has to love the circus to be able to gain success in this field!

Did you always dream of becoming a circus performer? Did you have other career plans? Why did you choose this career path?

I think if I were not born into a circus family, I probably would have become an agent of KGB, or worked on the President’s security team! Very worthy and important professions! However, I am destined to become a clown, an onstage performer and I am very happy for it!

If you were invited to work at Cirque Du Soleil, would you accept this offer?

I would be very flattered for this offer but would probably not accept it. Let me explain why: at Cirque Du Soleil I cannot represent my persona as a part of my group “Muturganchiki” because those artists work under their brand name, Cirque Du Soleil. My father always taught me to be a distinct artist and always write and come up with my own unique characters and images!

In real life are you always as happy as you are on the arena?

Yes of course! I am eternally cheerful! It’s cool to be happy and positive. We all need to be more positive because there is so much negativity and violence in the world around us: wars, discrimination and many more. It all accumulates in the universe, so I urge all people to be more positive!

What do you do for fun?

Browsing Facebook, play soccer and PlayStation, go to the movies with my family and flirt with girls!

What is your favorite 1) gadget(s), 2) software(s), 3) website(s) that makes your life easier and more productive?

All Apple products: iPhone, iPod, Ipad, MacBook. All of them make life easier and more productive.

Ways to Connect with you:

Website: www.muturganchiki.com

E-mail: muturganchiki@gmail.com

Facebook: Muturganchik

Vkontakte: Muturganchik

From: http://ping.fm/6bBVP

No comments:

Post a Comment